2 -3 pounds carrots cut into fry size pieces
arils (seeds) from 2 pomegranates
2 TBS fresh thyme leaves
2 TBS chives cut at an angle
cayenne pepper to taste
salt to taste
2 TBS honey
2 TBS maple syrup
2 TBS canola oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel and cut carrots.
- Place on a large cookie sheet.
- In a bowl mix together maple syrup, canola oil, honey salt, pepper, and pour over carrots. Mix until carrots are well coated.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and stir.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes
- Add chives, thyme leaves, and pomegranates and serve hot.